The Royal Aero Sports Club of Jordan was originally founded by His Majesty King Abdullah II Ibn Al Hussein after discovering the thrill of flying and seeing the beauty of his Kingdom from the air.
The Royal Aero Sports Club of Jordan is a non-profit organization, established with the vision of providing a wide variety of Aero Sports in one of the most beautiful locations in the world.
The club has 2 ultralight aircrafts: A Remos G3 and a Savannah.
Both aircraft use a Rotax 912 uls 100 hp engine.
The aircraft takes 1 passenger and can be hired for pleasure/sightseeing flights or for aireal photography.
Those wishing to take up ultralight flying as a sport can take a course and be trained by qualified flight instructors to a level where they will gain an international qualification.
Your 30 minutes flight above Wadi Rum flight allows you to discover the Lawrence’s Spring, the 7 Pillars of Wisdom, the Camel Track and the Crop Circles. A memorable journey is guaranteed to stay with you for a long time. Aircraft doors can be removed if requested depending on weather conditions.
- Important information about the flight
- One passenger per flight
- Passenger weight should not exceed 120 kg
- Transportation provided within Wadi Rum ( from your camp outside the protected area ) to take off point and back
- Come casually in long khakis or jeans and flat shoes
- Skirt, sandals and slippers are not recommended
- You will need a light jacket in the summer and warm one in winter
Hot Air Balloon
Take a bird’s eye view of the beautiful scenery of the majestic mountains in Wadi Rum by climbing into a hot air balloon.
Be it an indulgence for yourself or a surprise gift for a loved one, a hot air balloon ride is a unique experience.
Balloon flights typically take place during the early morning hours and last for around one hour, but guests should allow 2 to 3 hours for the whole experience.
Beginning at dawn (5:00am summer 6: 30 winter) The hot air balloon ride over Wadi Rum lasts up to an hour and a half (depending on conditions – minimum 45minutes). The balloon accommodates five participants. It is possible to do 2 rounds of around 45 minutes each incase of a bigger group than 5 people.
Important information about the flight
- Price of the balloon trip: 130 Jordanian Dinars / person .
- Fees to be paid to the pilot. We only accept cash payments.
- Flights can be cancelled due to bad weather conditions (sandstorms, etc.)
- The club can pick you up from any campsite in Wadi Rum. Please specify the location upon reservation.